We would like to inform you of our Company’s commitment to compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and our Company data privacy and protection policies we have adopted internally.
From time to time, it may be necessary for you to provide personal data in connection with your visits to our company website and portals, our offices, with your direct or indirect dealings with our Company, our officers and employees, and in your browsing activities through any of our website or mobile applications, as an investor, a shareholder, job applicant or in any relevant capacity.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect and process personal data from you in the ordinary course of the Company’s business which may include, to the extent necessary to respond to your requests, queries and concerns, basic information such as your name, residence, and contact details, and sensitive personal information such as your age, marital status, tax a number, government issued identification cards, financial information, tax returns, educational background and work history, among others (collectively, your “Personal Data”).
When you visit our websites or use any of our mobile applications, other information that may also constitute Personal Data, such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, domain name, number of times and dates you visited the website or accessed the mobile application, and the amount of time you spent browsing through the website or mobile application, may be collected via cookies and other tracking technologies, such as transparent GIF files. Aggregate Information, or non-personally identifiable and anonymous data, such as how many times you log onto our websites or mobile applications may also be collected.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow websites to recognize your computer when you return, enabling it to display personalized settings and other user preferences. It also allows websites to respond to you as an individual. The websites and apps can tailor operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being visited. This helps us to analyze data about web page traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes after which, the data is removed from the system.
In general, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- when you purchase our services
- when we respond to your inquiries and requests
- during conversations or email exchanges between you and our representatives
- when we obtain feedback from you about our services including through student evaluation forms
- when we conduct our administrative and business functions
- when you register for our events or subscribe to our mailing lists and newsletters
- when we market our services to you
- through your access and use of our website
Personal information may be obtained directly from you, through another contact in your company if you are a corporate client, or through a third party by who we have been informed that your details may be provided to us.
We may at times obtain personal information that relates to you through third parties. Where we do so, we will ask any third parties to confirm in writing that they have legally obtained your personal information and that we have the right to acquire it from them and to use it.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION OF DATA, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to send communications
- to manage and maintain our business relationships
- to respond to inquiries and requests
- to improve the services we provide
- to inform you about our services
- to obtain feedback from you on our services
- to organize training certification exams
- to provide access to online portals
- to provide you with a more personalized experience when you interact with us
- to conduct administrative and business functions
- to provide our services
- to update our records and keep contact details up to date
- to enable you to subscribe to our website, newsletters and mailing lists and to register for DDLS events
- to assess the performance of our website and to improve its operation
- to process and respond to privacy complaints
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. We may send communications in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will use reasonable endeavours to use that method whenever practical to do so.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
SECURITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is kept secure. We have implemented suitable and adequate organizational, physical and technical security measures, policies and procedures intended to reduce the risks of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information which are appropriate and adequate to the nature of the Personal Data we collect.
We may retain your Personal Data only for as long as necessary for legitimate business purposes, to comply with laws, regulations, or lawful court order, or to establish or defend a legal action.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
We may amend or update this privacy statement from time to time as may be necessary. We recommend that you check this privacy notice every time we advise you of any change.
REQUESTS, ACCESS, RECOURSE AND QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
You are entitled to request that we:
1. provide you with a copy of your Personal Data that we hold and inform you of: (a) the source of your Personal Data; (b) the purposes and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entity with whom your Personal Data may be shared;
2. cease processing your Personal Data, in whole or in part, as you direct us, for any purpose, save to the extent it is lawful to do so without consent under the Data Privacy Act of 2012;
3. do not transfer your Personal Data to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes you have not consented to;
4. correct any errors in your Personal Data; and
5. update your Personal Data as required.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +632 8244 2098
Post: The Privacy Officer
17th Floor, SM Aura Business Tower, 26th St., McKinley Parkway
Taguig City, 1630 Metro Manila, Philippines
We will make every reasonable effort to correct, update and respond to your request promptly, unless we require further information from you in order to fulfill your request, and in each case, subject to legal and other permissible considerations. We will also investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal data in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other data privacy and protection policies we have put in place. You may bring to the National Privacy Commission any complaint that cannot be resolved with us directly.