Perhaps you use PowerShell daily but don’t really know what’s happening; you’re running someone else’s scripts.
Perhaps you are like many of us and find scripts on the internet and modify them to suit your needs but don’t really understand what certain components are doing.
Perhaps you just want to do a few ad-hoc daily tasks a bit more efficiently.
This one-day workshop will demystify PowerShell and take away some of the fear and mystery for those new to PowerShell.
A look at the hows and whys of the components of PowerShell and how to use the inbuilt self-discovery features.
How to find out how to do something.
- PowerShell help IS useful, USE IT!! Where are the “good bits” hidden?
- How do I find commands? Why don’t I have XYZ command and how do I get it?
- The pipeline | What does it do and HOW does it do it? Why does it sometimes do unexpected things?
- $WhatNow? What are variables and how do I use them?
- $_ and $PSItem what are these and why do I see them everywhere?
- Let’s build a simple script that does something useful to tie it all together
This workshop is not intended for experienced PowerShell users. “Deep dive” courses may be considered in the future.
Just enough to whet the appetite and have you keen for more!
If you need a more comprehensive course we suggest Microsoft 10961 – Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell.
Please note: We are unable to accept SATVs for this course.