Module 1: SharePoint infrastructure
This module is about fundamental SharePoint Infrastructure. It describes the components in SharePoint farm. It also discusses how to install and configure SharePoint farm.
- Plan a SharePoint farm
- Overview of SharePoint Server 2019
- Install and manage a SharePoint farm
Module 2: SharePoint authentication and security
This module is about SharePoint Authentication and Security. It introduces different authentication methods in SharePoint 2019.
- Plan authentication
- Configure federated authentication
Module 3: SharePoint content management
This module is about SharePoint Content Management. It discusses the content structure in SharePoint. It also provides details on authorization and content access in SharePoint.
- Plan sites and site collections
- Manage access to content
- Configure and manage site collections
Module 4: SharePoint service applications
This module is all about SharePoint service applications and workflow. It describes how to provision and manage a BCS service application and User Profile service application. Specifically, we discuss how to import and export BDC models as well as how to import user properties to SharePoint.
- SharePoint service applications and workflow
- Plan and configure BCS and Secure Store service
- Plan and configure user profile service
Module 5: Plan and configure Managed Metadata service
This module is about the integral functionalities, such as the Managed Metadata Service, content types, and term sets, that allow you to create and disseminate an information architecture. It introduces the purpose of content types as well as the concepts behind the managed metadata service, including taxonomies, term sets, and enterprise keywords.
- Manage content types
- Overview of Managed Metadata service
- Configure the Managed Metadata service
Module 6: Plan and configure search
This module is about enterprise search service application. It provides details on planning and configuring content sources, crawl schedules, and crawl rules. It also discusses how to provision search management of a range of search components, such as Query Rules, Result Types and Display Templates.
- Plan enterprise search
- Configure enterprise search
- Manage enterprise search
Module 7: Overview of SharePoint hybrid scenarios
This module is all about planning SharePoint Server hybrid. It provides an overview of SharePoint hybrid scenarios as well as requirements for configuration.
- Overview of SharePoint hybrid scenarios
- Plan SharePoint Server hybrid
Module 8: Implement SharePoint hybrid scenarios
This module is focused on implementing SharePoint hybrid scenarios. Specifically, it discusses the hybrid configuration roadmaps, including the configuration of hybrid infrastructure and hybrid picker. It also introduces On-premises data gateway to enable using Microsoft 365 features in SharePoint Server 2019.
- Implement SharePoint hybrid scenarios
- Configure on-premises data gateway
Module 9: Implement SharePoint hybrid search
This module is focused on SharePoint hybrid search. It introduces different types of hybrid search, including cloud hybrid search and hybrid federated search. It explains how to set up hybrid search and configure search results
- Overview of SharePoint hybrid search
- Configure SharePoint hybrid search
Module 10: Plan content migration
This module is all about planning the migration process to the cloud. It provides an overview of resources and tools to leverage during migration process.
- Overview of content migration
- Prepare for content migration
Module 11: Migrate content to Microsoft 365
This module is focused on using SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT) to migrate content to the cloud. Specifically, it discusses the requirement and limitation of SPMT. It introduces different migration methods for different data source, such as file shares and SharePoint content.
- Migrate content with SPMT
- Migrate content with Migration Manager
- Migrate content with Mover